Our 2018 Undergraduate Industrial Placement Scheme is now open!
Application deadline: midnight on Friday 26th January 2018
Programme runs September 2018 – September 2019
As a Queen’s Award-winning, niche management consultancy based in London, we are specialists in regulatory-driven change and organisational improvement in leading financial markets companies.
Our clients are investment banks and exchanges around the world. Our teams combine deep subject matter expertise in clearing, risk, regulation, technology and banking operations with organisational development expertise. We build multi-disciplinary teams to solve clients’ complex, challenging problems.
We are now offering undergraduate industrial placements to students with a strong academic record, who can demonstrate a real interest in financial services combined with a confident, rounded character and the potential to collaborate with us to become an outstanding consultant and leader.
This is an exciting opportunity to enter a fast-growing, intellectually high-powered consultancy with a team keen to introduce you to financial markets and foster the further development of your capabilities. At every stage we will support and mentor you to ensure you apply your knowledge in a pragmatic, collaborative manner on client assignments.
At the end of the year, you will have gained:
- a real understanding of how global financial markets work;
- a documented track record of evidence of your impact on specific client assignments at major world banks;
- a network of collaborative colleagues, many of whom are internationally-recognised as thought leaders in their field;
- a real insight into how a dynamic consultancy grows at pace and scale, with the potential opportunities to continue to be part of that journey;
- a year’s worth of paid employment at an attractive starting salary.
But don’t just take our word for it. This is what each of our four graduates say about working at Catalyst:
- Harry O’Connell – Having started in August 2016, I have learnt an incredible amount working on client site and internal projects, benefiting from the depth of expertise and opportunity Catalyst offer.
- Kieran Choate – Having Joined in November 2016, I spent time in the office learning the Catalyst ways of working and key consultancy skills that could be leveraged when on client site. Putting theory into practice, I have just completed a 9-month engagement at a Tier 1 bank. This has been an incredible experience, providing a great insight into the varied operating processes followed by group functions within the bank including HR, Finance, Risk, and Treasury, when working in a change environment.
- Jack Martin – I started at Catalyst in July 2017 and have already had the opportunity to work in two Tier 1 Banks on two different projects. It has given me great experience and great exposure to Catalyst, consultancy and the financial services sector. Catalyst is full of brilliant, friendly people and I have been seamlessly embedded into the team and culture.
- Sami Al Khair – Having started mid-August 2017, Catalyst have provided me with opportunities to be creative, explore the areas I find interesting and gain direct industry exposure. I have already worked with a Tier 1 Bank and have written two white papers. More importantly, the people, culture and type of work we do makes me excited about the future.
To apply for our 2018 Catalyst Undergraduate Industrial Placement Scheme, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com . We will aim to get back to you within two weeks of applying, and if successful we will invite you to attend a telephone interview. If successful at this stage, we will contact you regarding the next stages of the process.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 26th January.
This Industrial Placement is for undergraduates in full-time education only. If you have already graduated and are interested in our applying for our separate, rolling Graduate Programme, please see here for more details.