We’re proud to be an employer of choice for some of the most talented people in our sector. Our staff tell us these are some of the top reasons they work here:
1. We’re home to Queen’s Award-winning expertise
We’re proud winners of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015 for our impact on financial markets. We work with tier one banks and many of the world’s largest and leading financial organisations. Our reputation means we get to solve some of the industry’s trickiest problems, working alongside amazing clients. If you have the right attitude and approach, we’ll create the same long-term relationship with you as we do with our clients.
All our consultants have a blend of skills that make us highly compatible but with the right amount of differences to make each person an expert in their field. Many of our employees take pride in being subject matter experts – creating a motivating and engaging organisation to be part of.
2. This is a collaborative environment
This is a collaborative and friendly environment in which to work. Colleagues make time to share information and get to know each other. Our employees describe our culture as people focussed with a unique ‘family feel’
We offer opportunities to contribute to the wider organisation beyond client facing accountabilities. Our organisation size and relatively flat hierarchy enables individual’s to take ownership, act with a degree of freedom, with ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ and starting new initiatives is actively encouraged.
We take our commitments to corporate social responsibility and diversity and inclusion seriously.
Creating a ‘Great Place to Work’ is one of four pillars in our firm’s strategy. We engage with our employees and are continuously looking to improve as an organisation – as demonstrated by our commitment to the ‘Great Places to Work’ survey. In just over a year the proportion of employees saying that Catalyst is a ‘great place to work’ has risen by 30% to 90% (2015-16). You can read more about our journey here.
3. We’re a values-driven organisation
Our values define how we behave, provide a framework for how we do business and maintain our positive reputation.
These are our values:
- Challenge and Ambition
We have an appetite for challenge – we are ambitious for ourselves, for our clients and for joint success.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
We believe in combining diverse skills and expertise to build value with our clients.
- Honesty and Fairness
Honest, fair and respectful relationships are the foundation of our business.
- Expertise with Humility
We apply our expertise with confidence and humility.
- Fun and Enjoyment
We enjoy our work and have fun doing it.
You can read more about our values here.
4. We guarantee extensive learning and development opportunities
As experts in talent development ourselves, we coach, develop and train staff across the globe in some of the world’s largest financial institutions – and we are similarly committed to developing our own staff. This includes a wide variety of opportunities, including:
- Comprehensive Induction process
- Support of a buddy, internal coach and/or mentor
- A core curriculum of training for all employees incorporating Foundation Skills, Consulting skills, Account Management and Business Development
- A large variety of internal and external training and further education is also supported
- Ongoing support for individual development
- Structured regular ‘Knowledge Share’ sessions
- Your career path is not rigidly defined there are a number of different opportunities open to all employees
5. We offer attractive rewards and benefits
Recognition and reward are central to our thinking. We offer
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Travel and Emergency Medical Insurance (Business & Leisure)
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension scheme (matched contributed scheme up to 5%)
- Life assurance (x4 annual salary)
- Employee referral scheme
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loan