Fast-growing financial services consultancy Catalyst Development Ltd [Catalyst] has appointed Blythe Barber as commercial partner to spearhead new business development. Blythe’s remit will cover all aspects of Catalyst’s specialist service offerings in business, technology, regulation, operations and talent development, both in the UK and overseas.
Blythe is a well-known industry figure with a significant market track record working closely with the top 30 global banks. He joins Catalyst from his previous role as managing director of the JWG Group and brings over 15 years’ of financial services expertise from previous senior positions within Expand Research (a subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group), Capco and Schneider Trading Associates.
Catalyst is on a rapid growth trajectory with the stated ambition of becoming the leading independent consulting firm specialising exclusively in financial services. In the last year alone Catalyst has substantially grown its investment base, services, markets, clients and profitability, tripled its staff, acquired a market-leading asset and wealth management consultancy and an off-shore base as well as establishing a new nearshore base and being named as a top 50 2018 UK Best WorkplaceTM .
Matt Parkinson, chief commercial officer ‘ said “I am delighted to welcome Blythe to our rapidly expanding team. Blythe joins us at a time of growth at pace across all aspects of our business. I particularly value the fact that he is highly regarded across our industry for his pragmatic approach to supporting clients and brings a significant depth of strong client relationships and in-sector knowledge. As someone who is a recognised industry thinker in his own right, Blythe is the perfect fit for Catalyst and now in this key role, spearheading our ambitious plans to become the leading independent consulting firm in financial services.”
Blythe Barber commented ‘I have been searching for a firm which shares both my client focus and my ambition to make a lasting, positive impact on the future shape of our industry. Catalyst has a total commitment to clients, combined with an incredibly talented, expert team and longstanding trusted relationships. Building on its recent investment and already rapidly expanding reach, it can now offer specialists at significant scale to execute against some of the biggest challenges faced by some of the world’s biggest firms. I am really looking forward to working with my new colleagues to help more new clients benefit from Catalyst’s unique ability to accelerate business, operational, technology and human performance.”
Notes to Editors
- Catalyst Development Ltd is fast becoming the leading independent specialist consulting firm working exclusively in financial services. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the City of London, Catalyst works worldwide with bases in Jersey and Lithuania and a longstanding presence in Japan. The firm specialises in risk, regulation, operations, technology, asset and wealth management, organisational and talent development.
- In May 2018, Catalyst announced a record year and the opening of its new nearshore base in partnership with Invest Lithuania
- In April 2018 Catalyst was named as a top 50 UK Best Workplace
- In February 2018 Catalyst announced its acquisition of asset and wealth management specialists Knadel
- In October 2017, Catalyst announced its investment partnership with Livingbridge PE
- In April 2015 Catalyst was awarded the UK’s highest business accolade, the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in recognition of its global impact, an award it holds for five years
2. Blythe Barber has an extensive senior network within and practical knowledge of working with the world’s largest financial services firms, including six years’ trading experience, another six in technology and operations benchmarking and a further three years working with regulatory change management platforms and leading industry working groups. His previous roles include managing director of JWG, Director at Expand Research (a subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group), Managing Principal at Capco and Senior Trader at Schneider Trading Associates.
- You can also read this story on Consultancy.uk