This is Catalyst’s first formal partnership with an educational institute in mainland Europe. Catalyst also announced today that they have been awarded an EU training grant to aid the development of their Lithuanian members of staff.
VGTU is among the top 2.1% of universities globally and delivers a number of financial services-aligned courses. Catalyst will be providing their support to VGTU’s curriculum and are discussing opportunities to help progress students’ career development. They will also contribute to guest lectures within the business management faculty on agreed topics throughout the year.
The alliance will be formalised on 13 November 2018 when Sean Coote signs a formal partnership agreement with VGTU during a visit to the University. He will be joined on the visit by Catalyst partner Christian Lee and regulatory expert Paul Dobbs who will be delivering an afternoon of lectures in the business management faculty. These lectures will cover key financial services issues such as the global financial crisis as well as the future of banking.
The EU training grant is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will enable Catalyst to ensure its Lithuanian employees have equal access to its training and development programmes.
Sean Coote, managing consultant and head of Catalyst’s Vilnius office said: “Since establishing our off-shore base in April 2018, our Vilnius office has proven to be a valuable addition to Catalyst. As part of growing our capability to service both local and global clients from this base, we are committed to making a positive contribution to higher education in Lithuania. We are therefore delighted to announce both our partnership with VGTU and also our EU training grant, both of which we believe will accelerate our consultants’ potential and our commercial impact.
Prof Dr Jelena Stankevičienė, Dean of Business Management Faculty at VGTU added: “It is a huge honour for Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) to start our partnership with Catalyst Development Ltd. We are looking forward to welcoming Christian Lee and Paul Dobbs to sign the agreement of our relationship on the 13th of November here at VGTU.”
Notes to Editors:
- In November 2018, Catalyst expanded its Jersey office, less than six months after launching Catalyst Jersey in June 2018
- In October 2018, Catalyst announced the appointment of its first CFO-COO and first HRD
- In May 2018, Catalyst announced a record year and the opening of its new nearshore basein partnership with Invest Lithuania
- In April 2018 Catalyst was named as a top 50 UK Best Workplace™
- In February 2018 Catalyst announced its acquisition of asset and wealth management specialists Knadel, including the Jersey offshore base
- In October 2017, Catalyst announced its investment partnership with Livingbridge PE
- In April 2015 Catalyst was awarded the UK’s highest business accolade, the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in recognition of its global impact, an award it holds for five years
- Read more on this story in VGTU’s press release